Makalidurga – Day Trek from Bangalore
Makalidurga can be found only 60 km away from Bangalore, and 10 km away from Doddaballapur. This hill boasts twinkling skies and a rich past. Makalidurga, unlike other day treks in Bangalore, has a Railway Station at its base. The actual start point is actually the Muthurayaswamy temple, but it’s a two-kilometre walk from the Railway Station to reach the temple. This trek is suitable for both beginners and experienced trekkers, as well as for those looking to escape for a weekend.
Know the facts
6 KMS ( Two Sides )
- At 6:00am, we will start our journey to Makalidurga Hill from Bangalore. On the way, we will stop for a delicious breakfast . The Makalidurga railway station is 1.5km away from the foothills. This would be the base camp for the trek.
- The hike is quite easy with arrow marks marked on the rocks, the path is easy to follow. You’ll now be climbing up rocks among the trees, unlike the first section but keep in mind that the slope of the hill will get steeper.
- About halfway through the trek. You can grab the grass and other vegetation, but be aware of the thorny ones and also watch out for your steps. Enjoy the gentle breeze as it blows by.
- You will find a lake below, It looks very similar to the South American continent. Take some time to relax after all that sweating and panting. View what Makalidurga offers. The final stretch of the trek is quite strenuous.
- You can search for the gates that once opened up to the fort from the top. You can eat your packed lunch here.
- The fort was once a granary at Makalidurga. It was used by the Vijayanagara realm to train their army. Later, Shahji, the father of Shivaji, seized it and made it his capital. Kempagowda then ruled over it.
- Trek back to the base and we will reach Bangalore by evening 6.
- Breakfast, lunch on day 1
- Food will be completely veg.
- It will be Pushback, non AC vehicles.
- Usually, Tempo travelers and Minibus Type of the bus is decided based on the size of the group
- Entry for trekking
- Food while traveling.
- Personal expenses
- Charges for any activities
- Anything that is not mentioned in our inclusion.
- Usually 10-35 members.
- A minimum of 8 people is required to confirm the event.
- Incase if we dint get the minimum number of people, we will do the complete refund or you have an option to transfer it to any events of your wish and the difference amount will be collected from you or given back according to the event price.
Pick up points:
- Banashankari – 6.00 AM
- Silkboard – 6:15 AM
- Agara – 6:30 AM
- Marathalli – 6:45 AM
- Tin factory – 7:00 AM
- Hebbal- 7:30 AM